For emergencies outside our operating hours, please contact:
Emergencias y Atención Fuera de Horario? Llama or visita:
VCA Animal Care Center
Redwood Veterinary Clinic
For wellness care or minor medical conditions, please contact:
Compassion Without Borders
Low-Cost Veterinary Care
At the Humane Society of Sonoma County, we believe the best place for pets is with the families who love them. The goal of our Community Veterinary Clinic (CVC) is to provide compassionate veterinary care in a welcoming, nonjudgmental environment for low-income pet owners. We serve as a safety net in Sonoma County by providing access to quality veterinary care for animals and their families.
- The CVC provides URGENT MEDICAL CARE ONLY. This includes treatment of serious medical conditions, diagnostics, surgery, dentistry, and euthanasia. We do not provide wellness services such as routine exams, vaccinations, deworming, or treatment of minor medical conditions. At this time, the CVC is unable to provide overnight care.
- The CVC does not provide wellness services. This includes routine exams, vaccinations, deworming, or treatment of minor medical conditions. Our focus is on URGENT CARE and severe, life-threatening medical conditions.
- To receive veterinary care for your pet at the CVC, you must agree to have your pet spayed or neutered. If you do not agree to have this done, please seek care with another veterinary clinic.
The CVC is open and concentrating on urgent or critical appointments. Please call (707) 284-1198 if you need help assessing the urgency of your pet’s condition.
Hours, Contact Info, Scheduling
(Orarios, Información de Contacto, Citas)
- Open by appointment only for urgent or critical care. We do not accept walk-in appointments. Please call (707) 284-1198 and leave a message to request an appointment
- Questions: call (707) 284-1198 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Address: 5345 Highway 12 West, Santa Rosa, CA 95407
When You Arrive
Please arrive on time for your pet’s appointment. Please leave dogs in the car while you check in. Cats should be in carriers, and dogs on leash at all times while in the building. There will be a greeter at the front door of the clinic to assist you with check-in.
Only one client/family will be allowed in the lobby at a time. After you have been checked in you will be shown to the waiting area or you may wait in your car with your animal(s).
For established patients that need prescription refills, please visit our online pharmacy or call (707) 284-1198 for prescription refill requests. For instructions on how to use our online pharmacy, please click on the “Online Vet Pharmacy” button below.
Thank you for your continued support.
(Criterio de Elegibilidad)
Low-cost veterinary services are offered to pet owners living in Sonoma County who meet the following income qualifications. Qualification prior to being seen is preferred, however at time of service will be accepted.
There are two ways to qualify:
- You or another person in your household is participating in one of these assistance programs: CalFresh / Food Stamps, SonomaWorks / CalWorks / TANF, WIC, Free or Reduced Lunch, AT&T Lifeline. Proof of participation will be required with your application.
- The combined income of all household members does not exceed the “very low income” limitation by household size below. Proof of income will be required with your application.
|1 Person||2 Persons||3 Persons||4 Persons|
|5 Persons||6 Persons||7 Persons||8 Persons|
Menu of Services
(Menu de servicios)
- A complete physical exam and consultation with a veterinarian starts at $30. Treatment plans and care will be guided by the needs of each individual patient.
- Care for medical conditions such as vomiting, diarrhea, allergies, skin infection, lameness, heart disease or eye issues start at $60 (including exam, diagnostics, treatments). A specific treatment plan with a cost estimate will be presented after a comprehensive physical exam.
- Common sedated procedures such as wound care or abscess treatments start at $60.
- Anesthetic procedures including dentistry (with extractions and xrays) start at $375, with the final cost depending on the patient and the procedure. An exam before surgery is required, and the cost for the exam is included. These estimates include any medications to be sent home.
- Diagnostics such as laboratory work, biopsies, and x-rays start at $45.
- Senior pet care, including pain assessment, treatment, and quality of life assessment are available. Treatment costs for senior care or humane euthanasia will be discussed on a case-by-case basis, starting with a comprehensive exam.
Online Pharmacy Instructions
To use our online pharmacy to request prescription refills, you will need an email address, access to the internet, and ability to pay with a credit or debit card.
- Visit: humanesocietysoco.vetsfirstchoice.com to set up a client account.
- Shop for your pet’s medication like any other online store.
- Upon checkout you will be asked which pet you are ordering for and the prescribing veterinarian — choose Dr. Ada Norris.
- Once your order is placed, your prescription will be approved by our medical staff and the medications will be mailed directly to you.
How to Support the CVC
We will grow our program as funding allows, based on evolving community need. To make a donation or sponsor the CVC, please contact Priscilla Locke, HSSC Director of Development & Marketing at email@example.com, or (707) 577-1911. With your help, we will keep pets with the people who love them.
Clínica Veterinaria Comunitaria del HSSC
En la Humane Society of Sonoma County (Sociedad Humana del Condado de Sonoma), creemos que el mejor lugar para las mascotas es con las familias que las aman. El objetivo de nuestra Clínica Veterinaria Comunitaria (CVC) es brindar atención veterinaria compasiva en un ambiente acogedor y sin prejuicios para mascotas de residentes de bajos ingresos.
Los servicios incluyen exámenes veterinarios y atención básica, como vacunas, tratamiento de pulgas, desparasitación y microchips, así como diagnósticos, atención de urgencias y procedimientos anestésicos, y mas. Vea abajo el menu de servicios y precios. Actualmente no podemos ofrecer atención durante la noche.