Raise funds on behalf of the Humane Society of Sonoma County
- Host a fundraising pizza and movie night or sleep over. Make some fun pizzas, grab your favorite animal movies and enjoy time with friends all while helping animals. Ask your guests to bring a donation for the Humane Society of Sonoma County as their contribution.
- Make donation containers and place them in classrooms at your school or local businesses your family frequents to collect donations then schedule a time with Kathy Pecsar, the Humane Educator, to present the raised monies.
- Have a school wide bake sale/lemonade stand to raise donations. Track the hours you spent on this project and have Kathy Pecsar, the Humane Educator, sign off on your project.
- Share your birthday – Birthday parties, holidays and other typical gift-giving occasions can become great fundraisers. Let your family and friends know that you’d prefer a donation to the Humane Society of Sonoma County this year rather than a gift.
- Clean out the closets and garage – Organize your own or a neighborhood garage or yard sale and donate the proceeds to the Humane Society of Sonoma County.
- Hold a recycle campaign at school; have students at school bring their recycled aluminum, glass, and plastics and redeem them for cash to donate to the Humane Society of Sonoma County.
- Is someone in your family a business owner (or know someone who is)? If so, they may consider donating a percentage of their daily sales to the Humane Society of Sonoma County. Let the customers know that a portion of their purchase is going to help animals in need.
- Collect new and gently used towels and blankets for bedding for the animals.
- Make a product to sell, such as thank you cards or other items to raise donations for the Humane Society of Sonoma County.
- Host a Food Drive for our Pet Pantry! The Humane Society of Sonoma County’s Pet Pantry provides pet food and supplies to people in our community so they can continue caring for their pets despite economic hardship. Providing basic necessities helps keep pets in their homes and out of the shelter. The Pet Pantry relies entirely on donations from the community.
Download the Pet Pantry Food Drive Toolkit to learn how to host your own food drive! We’ve also got social media images to help you promote it! Here’s an Instagram image, a Facebook image, and a Facebook Header image. Questions? Call us at (707) 577-1902 x276.
Your gift gives hope to every animal at the Humane Society of Sonoma County. When you donate, you help us provide medical care, training, rehabilitation, and adoption services for animals who need us. And that makes you a true hero! If you would like to purchase items with the funds your raised we do have an Amazon.com Wishlist where you will find items we use to care for our animals on a daily basis.