School of Pawsitive Electives Training Classes
The Academy of Dog offers alternative and elective classes for the sensitive or advanced pup.
- Does your dog pull and bark and react to other dogs? Then Reactive Rover may be the perfect solution.
- Have you and your best pup completed The School of Positive Rewards? Now that you both have a solid foundation it’s time to try out some other fun classes.
- Are you looking for more fun activities to do with your dog? We have the class for you!
- Classes and workshops are added periodically, so check back often!
- For dogs five months and older.
Reactive Rover 1
(6 WEEKS): Compassionately attuned toward dogs who are reactive to or fearful of other dogs (not appropriate for dogs who are fearful of humans). Guardian and dog will learn skills to help their dog make better choices when faced with dogs they are fearful of or reactive to. Learn evasive maneuvers, attention exercises, body language, and leash management skills. Help your dog learn to be more attentive to you and confident in uncomfortable or difficult situations.
Reactive Rover 2
(6 WEEKS): Sharpening Skills. For dogs that are fearful of or reactive to other dogs (not appropriate for dogs who are fearful of humans). Continue learning additional skills to help your dog make better choices when faced with difficult situations. Curriculum can be adjusted to meet individual needs.
Prerequisite: Reactive Rover 1
K9 Nose Work Level 1: Intro to Scenting
(6 WEEKS): Have you completed your basic classes and are looking to take your dog to the next level? K9 Nose Work is a fun dog sport that dogs of all ages, sizes and temperaments can compete in. We are starting a six-week series of classes with Nose Work Specialist Wayne Smith. This fast-growing sport is a way for dogs to earn titles! Intro to Scenting is the first step in your dog’s journey.
Pawsitive Electives Class Schedule
New classes added Fridays at 4pm.
|Adventures in Shredding and Sniffing! Wednesday, April 5 - April 26 at 6:00pm with Quin Longino||Santa Rosa Campus - Multi-purpose Room||
|Cool Tricks for Canines: Santa Rosa, Tuesday, April 4 - 25 at 6:00pm with Quin Longino||Santa Rosa Campus - Multi-purpose Room||