FindingRover.com is a free service that helps to keep dogs and cats in our community protected and reunited with their owners with facial recognition technology. As a Finding Rover partner, all of the animals that come into our care will be on FindingRover.com as “Found”. If you have lost your pet just click the “Search for your lost pet now” button below to upload a photo of your pet and report as “Lost”. You can check FindingRover.com as often as needed until your pet is found.
If you’ve lost or found a pet there are a number of things you can do to help re-unite your family or someone else’s family. If you believe we have your pet please call (707)-542-0882.
If you’ve lost your pet
- Post and search for your lost pet on Nextdoor.com, SCAS’s Lost & Found page, and Craigslist in the Community section under Lost & Found and Pets.
- Check surrounding animal shelters here. Some well-meaning people may pick up your pet and take it to the closest shelter, which may not be Humane Society of Sonoma County!
Tips for finding your lost pet:
- Start searching immediately.
- Create and distribute flyers and post signs in high traffic areas. To utilize a missing pet flyer generator, click here.
- Distribute flyers in vet clinics, pet stores, groomers, pet boarding facilities and other local businesses, with permission from each establishment.
- Don’t give up too quickly. Some lost pets are found within hours or days and others are found months or even years after disappearing. Don’t give up hope!
If you’ve found a pet
- Go to SCAS’s lost & Found page to post or view listings.
- Take the found pet to a veterinarian, emergency animal hospital or your area animal shelter to have the pet’s entire body scanned for a microchip. Microchips can migrate in the pet’s body. A current, registered microchip can help identify an owner. If you can, please keep the animal secure and safe in your home while searching for the owner.
- If you cannot keep the pet in your home and the animal was found in the City of Sebastopol, please call our Santa Rosa shelter at (707) 542-0882. (Stray intake hours: Mon–Sat 12pm–6pm, Sunday, 10am–5pm.)
- For animals found in the City of Healdsburg, please call our Healdsburg shelter at (707) 431-3386. (Stray intake hours: Mon–Sat 9am–5:30pm)
- If the animal was found in Santa Rosa City limits or unincorporated areas of Sonoma County, please take it to Sonoma County Animal Services, (707) 565-7100, 1247 Century Ct., Santa Rosa. Tues–Sat 12pm–5:30pm.
- For animals found in Petaluma, Windsor or Cloverdale, please call North Bay Animal Services at (707) 762-6227.
- For animals found in Rohnert Park or Cotati, please call Rohnert Park Animal Shelter at (707) 584-1582.
- For animals found in the City of Sonoma, please call Pets Lifeline at (707) 996-4577.
- If the animal is sick or injured, please take it to the closest animal shelter or emergency facility.
Unique or Exotic Pets and Wildlife
The Humane Society of Sonoma County takes dogs, cats and small companion animals. For found wildlife, exotic pets, farm animals or injured animals, please call (707)-542-0882.
To reclaim your pet from the Humane Society of Sonoma County
- You must visit the Humane Society of Sonoma County to reclaim your pet. If you reside in the City of Sebastopol you will need to go to the Sebastopol Police Department and receive a receipt for payment prior to reclaiming your animal.
- Bring proof of ownership like vet records or a photo ID of your pet to reclaim. You will also need your photo ID. We accept Driver’s license, US or International passport, Government or other official photo identification, and Mexican Consulate Cards.